Cruiser Outpost - Lats & Atts forum

Discussing The Cruising Lifestyle
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:01 am 

Indigo Moon. Buddy and Melissa. Had a few with them at Latitude 18 years ago. Latitude 18 is gone. New marina planned for that site. Lot of changes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:53 am 

yep...looked them up.. the website is still there a few updates since they went to landlubbers... Buddy doing well in his job, lots of articles about him... You ever track down Tommie?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:45 pm 

Happy Holidays you friggin' . . . need to get out of here. Getting grouchy. Didn't run directly into Tommy, but I hear he's around. Somewhere on the West side of the lagoon. Schnitzelhaus closed years ago, used to see him there occasionally. I think he had the boats on the dock there.

I won't be back down until next month some time. Gawd, people calling me every week to "come home," or "come down to (insert Florida location here)". Can't. Too busy getting over living in poverty in Maine for the last 8 years. And outfitting the boat to bust off in May.

Stay safe, enjoy the holidays, kiss Santa's boots that you aren't doing goddamn snow removal.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:40 am 

Happy Holidays? How about Merry Christmas! This board frowns upon political correctness! Back Down East are ya? sooo sorry... But don't ya just love the freshly fallen snow? Peaceful sereneness! How's the moose population? Didn't they open up for hunting awhile ago? Get one of those big assed racks and use it as your figurehead! That'll scare the islanders shitless.. :mrgreen:
Ya schnitzelhaus was great eating... and yes, that's where Tommy had the boats docked and his office was one the top floor next door..His house is on Hull Bay Rd, west of Drake's seat kinda overlooking Magen's...

Well all I can say is keep warm..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:10 am 

KEVIN.... CHECK IN!!!!

Saw another article about Coral Bay's fight against the big project. Seems as though there's an application in at the Army Corps for a permit... got anymore scoop on this?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:34 am 

Hack hack, cough cough, sniffle.

Yeah. The Government seems to have flipped against the marina and the representations made by Summer's End Group didn't conform with the V.I. Agency applications that were made as far as I know. Perpetual holding pattern, except the Gov seems more and more against it. It IS stupid. They'll displace existing moorings ("you're out, it's all ours now") that have been there for decades and build a marina that will take a direct hit. In a pretty open bay to the South. All boats there in Irmaria ended up piled up on the SE shore.

Hack hack, cough cough, sniffle. Cali O and blow in the snow. Bet you thought I had the virus. Just kidding. Working 24/7 to get the house and land sold, boat prepped to head offshore, office expanded and staffed, etc., etc. Got friends in Futaleufu Chile that want us to come down and kill some monster salmonids. Love to do the canal and that trip.

Now you've got me reminiscing. Wish I still had this beauty. Running from Eureka, CA to Panama was calculated a number of times, but to no avail. She's weighed down with birds and gear now, crabbing out of San Franciso.

Attachments:
1976-uniflite-custom-navy-utility-boat--1.jpg
1976-uniflite-custom-navy-utility-boat--1.jpg [ 37.36 KiB | Viewed 1415 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:05 am 

dayum.... saw it was CCCCOLD down east the past week or so... can't kill a uniflite...just ask U.S. Navy river rats in the Nam...
You have the office in STT?
Which bote you working on?? I know you were looking at some power types...(welcome to the dark side) never saw what ya finally got..

keep us in the loop...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:16 am 

WELL Suh! Money talks! While the underlying permit was "irreparably flawed," it's seems to have magically circle around and fixed itself! F'n stupid. The plan is for a megayacht basin. There goes Coral Bay. Like everything else these days, lie cheat and steal - anything to move money to the top of the pile.

https://stthomassource.com/content/2020 ... mmers-end/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:03 am 

Maineiac wrote:
WELL Suh! Money talks! While the underlying permit was "irreparably flawed," it's seems to have magically circle around and fixed itself! F'n stupid. The plan is for a megayacht basin. There goes Coral Bay. Like everything else these days, lie cheat and steal - anything to move money to the top of the pile.

https://stthomassource.com/content/2020 ... mmers-end/

Unfortunately, there are no limits to what you can do if you have enough money and know the right people...
:evil: :evil: :evil:

s/v KAYLA Cape Dory 28 #318
2012 FLSTC Softail Heritage Classic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:33 am 

so what bote ya got????

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next